Alton Brown Rice
Bring the water, butter, and salt just to a boil in a kettle or covered saucepan. Once the water boils, pour it over the rice, stir to combine and cover the dish tightly with heavy-duty aluminium foil—Bake on the middle rack of the Oven for 1 hour. After 1 hour, remove the cover and fluff the rice with a fork.
Also known as wholegrain rice, brown rice is the same as white rice except that the bran and germ of the grain are still attached. With this outer layer left on the grain, brown rice is more nutritious and is higher in fibre.
Add the rice and salt to the saucepan and constantly stir until the kettle clicks off or the rice begins to brown, whichever comes first. Carefully add the water to the pan, stir and cover with a lid. Decrease the heat to low and cook for 20 minutes. Remove from the heat, let stand for 5 minutes, and uncover.
How do you cook Alton Brown Rice in the Oven?
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Boil the water and add butter and salt. Stir to dissolve the salt and melt butter.
- Place the rice in an 8″ casserole dish.
- Cover with foil and bake on the middle rack for 1 hour.
- Fluff with a fork and serve.
- This rice also refrigerates and reheats fairly well, but it’s best freshly made.
Indian Alton Brown Rice Pudding
When I first had Indian Alton brown rice Pudding for dessert at an Indian restaurant, I knew I had to get a recipe for it. This one is great! It’s from the Food Network’s “Good Eats” with Alton Brown. Note: The ground cardamom is one of the ingredients that gives this rice pudding its Indian flavour, but some people may find it overpowering. My mom liked this recipe but found the cardamom flavour a bit strong, so useless if you’re unsure or leave it out if you don’t like it. Bhaghban movie download I think it will still taste great.
Provided by Velouria
- Categories: Dessert
- Time: 30m
- Yield: 4-6 serving(s)
- Number Of Ingredients: 8
Steps for Alton Brown Rice Pudding
- In a large nonstick sauté pan over medium heat, combine cooked rice and whole milk. Heat until mixture begins to boil.
- Decrease the heat to low and cook to a simmer, stirring until the mixture thickens, approximately 5 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium, add heavy cream, coconut milk, sugar, and cardamom. Continue to cook until mixture begins to thicken again, approximately 5-10 minutes. Use a whisk to prevent the cardamom from clumping.
- Once the mixture thickens, remove from heat and stir in raisins and pistachios.
- Transfer the mixture to individual serving dishes or a glass bowl and place plastic wrap directly on the surface of the pudding.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature
- The mixture may not seem thick enough when you remove it from the heat, but it will get nice and creamy once you add the raisins and pistachios and chill. I like my rice pudding a little sweet, so I also added a little bit more sugar than the 2 oz. I have called for the recipe to suit my taste.
Review Perfect Alton Brown Rice and How do you Cook?.